Wednesday 3 September 2008

Wherein I frighten you with my obsessive list-making skillz and my bad taste in movies

Abs
All lists are based on the movies released in May, June, July, and August according to this list.

Wide Release Movies I Saw This Summer
rated in order of how much I liked them and since I'm not very good at deciding how much I like things this is based on whether I'll rewatch it or not:

1. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (bonus award: most anticipated summer movie)
2. Sex and the City: The Movie (second most anticipated)
3. Wall-E
4. Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
5. Get Smart
6. Mamma Mia
7. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
8. What Happens in Vegas
9. The House Bunny

Further disclaimer: I actually enjoyed all of these movies, so I felt bad ranking them. This was a good summer for movies. Also, I don't really rewatch movies so I don't know why I thought that would be a good way to rank. I HATE RANKING. IT SUCKS.

Limited Release Movies I Saw This Summer:
Henry Poole is Here
I totes feel guilty about this category because, hi, I live in the capital of limited release movies. I take it for granted.

How Much I Spent on Movies This Summer:
$75 exactly which is about $8.30 per movie
Not bad. Most I spent for a movie was $14, least was $2.

Movies I Meant to See But Fell Through the Cracks:
Iron Man
Made of Honor
Son of Rambow
Kung Fu Panda
Kit Kittridge: An American Girl
Wanted
Hancock
Pineapple Express

At $8.30 a movie I saved myself about $70!

No One I Know Saw These Wide Release Movies:
Speed Racer
You Don't Mess With the Zohan
The Happening
The Love Guru
Meet Dave
Swing Vote
Tropic Thunder
The Rocker
Death Race
The Longshots
Traitor
Babylon AD
College
Disaster Movie

Wide-Release Movies I Totally Had Zero Interest in Seeing
(in addition to the above list):

The Strangers
The Incredible Hulk
Hellboy II
Journey to the Center of the Earth
The Dark Knight
Step Brothers
X-Files (sorry, Ashley)
The Mummy
Mirrors
Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Clearly, I don't like scary movies or comic book movies. I actually tend to enjoy comic book movies once I'm watching them, but they are never on my "must see list" which is always so long that I never stretch my comfort zone.

No comments: