Tuesday 8 July 2008

He's got to like you then forget you the moment you've left his side.

Abs
AFI's 10 Top 10 is FULL of movies I've never seen. In fact, the only list that includes more than two movies I've seen is the animation list and I think that's only because I too was a child once. (Not that not-childs can't watch animated movies, I just mean that the whole population of children in developed countries have seen those movies. Because they are awesome.)

I love movies, I swear. I just tend to spend the majority of my film viewing time in the theaters which results in my ability to rattle off the plotlines, opening weekend revenues, and weeks on the charts for any movie released in the past three years, and my inability to describe the plot of any romantic comedy without Meg Ryan on the AFI list. Entertainment Weekly recently published The Top 100 New Classics, a list featuring their favorites from 1983 through 2008. That's a time range longer than my life, so I still can't hold a candle to those lists. Combine this idea, with AFI's mysteriously missing genre and I present:

FUN ACTION MOVIES THAT INVOLVE SPIES, THIEVES, OR RELATED THEMES
(from the last ten years)
(that I've seen)
(in chronological order)



The Thomas Crown Affair (1999)


Charlie's Angels (2000)


Ocean's 11 (2001)


The Bourne Identity (2002)


The Italian Job (2003)


The Recruit (2003)


SWAT (2003)


The Bourne Supremacy (2004)


The Bourne Utimatum (2007)


Ocean's 13 (2007)

What are your favorite movies in this delicious genre?

No comments: