Wednesday 30 July 2008

Welcome back to The Canardies

Proving once more that our love is unconditional, and not based on the amount of attention we receive, we are awarding our next Canardie to Jenny of Run Jen Run for Least Collective Comments! Jenny has weighed in with one (possibly two) comments over our blog's short life, and we just want to say thanks!

Everyone, give it up for Jenny!

(Applause! Applause! Applause!)


In life, most people are rewarded for the things they do. America really seems to love the overachiever. The braniac who graduates from college at 13 and is a millionaire before she can legally drive. The 3-year old who saves his mom’s life by calling 911 when she has a seizure. The two-legged dog that learns to walk upright. It’s all so predictable.

So that’s why I was so amazed and honored that The Collective chose to award me with one of their prestigious Canardies, not for something I did, but for something I didn’t do. I didn’t comment. Well, I did, but just that one time. Frankly, I feel like I commented at least twice, but maybe I just thought about a comment I wanted to leave, then got distracted and never got around to it.Anyway, since I’m apparently a woman of few words, I thought I’d let the pictures do the talking for me.

When I opened up the strange package I received a couple weeks ago, I was overwhelmed with joy.




It was from The Collective gals, and to be honest, I really felt undeserving of their recognition.




But it didn’t take long for the fame to go to my head. The whole blogger scene started to bore me.




Then things got rocky at home. We started fighting all the time. Can-Can (that’s what I call him) told me I was taking him for granted and that without him, I was just some nobody. I didn’t appreciate his tone.




Fortunately, our relationship counselor helped us open up and share our feelings, and I was finally able to express how much I really love this award.




So thanks, The Collective, not only for honoring me with this award, but also for helping me work through a lot of my emotional baggage. I feel like a better person for not having commented on this site.

No comments: