Wednesday 9 July 2008

Top 10 Sci-Fi Movies.

I don't know why I decided on this list, because as we all know by now, my two greatest fears in life are robots and aliens. And you know what sci-fi movies are usually about? Motherfucking robots and aliens. Strangely enough though, I tend to watch more than my fair share of sci-fi movies. But the vast majority of those movies are mind-numbingly bad. I'm talking terrible. So rather than come up with a list of my own, I'll do what I do best: criticize the lame choices of others.

1. 2001: A Space Odyssey

I've seen this movie about a gazillion times and (a) it creeps me out every time, and (b) I don't get it. Seriously. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS MOVIE ABOUT?

2. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope

Back in my day, you know, the days before George Lucas RUINED MY LIFE (I'm looking at you, fourth Indiana Jones movie that I'm pretending was never made), this movie was just called Star Wars. And The Empire Strikes Back was better.

3. E.T. - The Extraterrestrial

Reese's Pieces is the only thing E.T. got right. I hate this movie. (Yes, I am dead inside. I'm okay with that.)

4. A Clockwork Orange

The book was so much better.

5. The Day the Earth Stood Still

I haven't seen this particular movie, but I'm pretty sure "The Day the Earth Stood Stupid" is far, far better. (I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth, for no raisin!)

6. Blade Runner

Totally overrated.

7. Alien

Aliens was better.

8. Terminator 2: Judgment Day

The Terminator was better.

9. Invasion of the Body Snatchers

I've never seen this. AFI, you get a free pass.

10. Back to the Future

"Power of Love" FTW!



The end.

No comments: