Thursday 29 October 2009

We all have a hero in our heart.

Jennie I thought long and hard (heh) about this week's topic and have been waffling between two different ideas the whole time. My initial thought was similar to Heather Anne's idea: if there are going to be scary things running around on Halloween (and, let's face it, THERE WILL BE), then I want to be well-equipped to deal with them. Because, according to the episode of classic television on which this week's topic is based, if I have been magically turned into my costume then so has everyone else. Provided they all bought their costumes at Ethan's shop. BUT I DIGRESS. Let's just go ahead and assume that EVERYONE has turned into their costumes.

Heather Anne has all the vampires taken care of, thank goodness, but what of the other monsters? The werewolves, the goblins, the Sarah Palins? WHAT OF THEM, I ASK YOU. It is too much for one Slayer alone. So how can I help? Easy.

SUPERHERO. BOOM, the world is saved.

The only problem is, I'm not sure which superhero would be best. I would definitely want to be able to fly (Supergirl!). And have super strength (Supergirl?). And super speed (...Supergirl?). Can I just have all the superpowers? Or at least a lasso of truth? Plus I don't really know what kind of costume I would need in order to have ALL the superpowers. Maybe a fake resume? With all of my powers listed? Like this:

Jennie the Magnificent, One Day Superhero
Objective:
To be awesome and save the world from everything.
Education: Sky High (Did you guys see this movie? It's sort of awesome.)
Powers: All of them.

Would that be enough? I NEED MORE DETAILS!

My other idea was to dress like the thing I am most afraid of: A ZOMBIE. Because then I could just blend right in with all the other scary things. No one would be after me, trying to drink my blood or eat my brains. And if a zombie came up to me with all of his zombie friends and tried to pick a fight with me, I'd be all, "Look at me, YOU FOOL, I'm a zombie, too!" except since I was a zombie, it would sound like this: ARRRAAARRAUUUUURRRRRG!

The only problem with that plan is that I might accidentally eat someone's brains during the time I was a zombie and I don't think I could live with myself if that happened, plus there's that awful brain aftertaste, so I guess I'll just be a superhero.

Or a Jedi. HOW AWESOME WOULD IT BE TO HAVE A REAL LIGHTSABER?

No comments: