There are a lot of reasons I'm excited about that new movie Valentines's Day. Reasons like Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Garner, Taylor Swift, Ashton Kutcher, etc., etc. I've already decided that this will be retribution for that terrible film He's Just Not That Into You which made me want to die die die. Speaking of die, I loooove Valentine's Day, but like any awesome, mass-observed holiday, the world has managed to turn it into something full of cliches. I guess that's the definition of cliche. These are the Five Worst Valentine's Day Cliches (a.k.a. The Super Annoying Things People Say in no particular order.
1. "It's SAD! Single Awareness Day!"
2. "Can you believe he didn't get a reservations?!"
3. "You need the big three: chocolate, flowers, jewelry. Then you know he's a keeper."
4. "We have to go out this weekend and meet guys. Otherwise I won't have a date for V-Day!"
5. "You gotta do it right, bro, cause it's the one day you can cash in and she'll put out. No questions asked."
I tend to believe that Valentine's Day is about showing your love to whomever in your life you love. Even if that's via a song about pigeon crap.
Full set of Friends Valentines here.