Tuesday 4 March 2008

Long Question Short...or, uh...Question Story Long.. or, um, Question Question Question?

Abs
(See how I played off Jennie's blog name? I'm so clever.)

What is round on the sides and high in the middle?
OHIO!

How do you choose what to share in Google Reader?
Well, first I ask myself, "do I think this is funny/interesting?" and if the answer is "yes," then I ask myself, "do I think others will find this funny/interesting?" and if the answer is "yes," then I share it. Only sometimes I share it even if I don't think anyone else will think it's funny or interesting, but REALLY now, if I think it's funny or interesting, it's CLEARLY funny or interesting. I think I just abused the words funny AND interesting and so now I shall stop talking.

What is your computer, web browser, and operating system?
My computer: a piece of shit that works on a semi-regular basis and is only still with me because I can't afford a new one. If it ever stops working completely I AM SCREWED.

Web browser - Firefox

Operating system - I dunno, Windows XP?

What embarrasses you?
You can't fall down as often as I do and be easily embarrassed. However, my face betrays me all the time because, as a pasty-pale ghost of a woman, I blush very, very easily. Even when I'm not embarrassed. I don't know why. It's sort of like that episode of Grey's Anatomy with the chick who was in that show Phenom (remember that?) and she blushed like crazy all the time. I'm not that bad, though. I'm like 15% of that girl. I have no idea what that means. Anyway, what really embarrasses me is when someone points out that I'm blushing because that makes me blush even harder. But now that I think about it, it doesn't really embarrass me, it just pisses me off.

How annoying is it when people compare The Office and Friends by saying that The Office is better?
Do people do this? Because that is annoying. I don't think of one as being better than the other, because how do you compare them? For one thing, they weren't even on TV at the same time, but can you imagine if they were? Friends/The Office hour would take over TV and it would be so beautiful and amazing that if you looked at it for too long, your retinas would catch on fire. True story. Second of all, it's like these shows exist in two entirely different universes. In one universe, you live in a very nice New York apartment even though you're "just a waitress," and you're only friends with five other people and they all live across the hall. Or wherever the hell Phoebe lived. And in the OTHER universe, you work at a mid-level paper company with a variety of borderline crazy people and oh my god, this is the universe I am stuck in RIGHT NOW. Anyway, yeah, you can't compare them, because if you tried to make me choose between Chandler Bing and Jim Halpert, I'd have to hurt you.

Please show me a photo of something you have stolen and tell me a story about it.
This is the letter L. It was taken from the public library that I worked at in high school, which meant that for a few, beautiful days, I worked for the Pubic Library. You'd think this would be an interesting story. It is not. It was more like, "ooh, I wonder if I can pry this letter L off the building . . . oh look, I can . . . hmm, now what?" And then I kept the letter L forever and ever.

I hear that it is cold and snowy in the winter in Ohio. Since I live in California, I don't understand what this means. Can you please describe the extra Winter steps you have to take from the moment you wake up in the morning until you are sitting in your office?
You know, the only reason I can answer this question without The Rage is because it's 60 degrees outside right now and so I've banished all snow-related Rage to the bottom of The Rage List. Basically the biggest extra Winter step is getting out of bed earlier than usual. But really? Even when I know it's supposed to snow like 80 feet, I don't get out of bed any earlier. Instead, I hit the snooze button at least twice and run around like a crazy person trying to get ready. And then? I look outside and when I see snow/ice covering my car, I CURSE THE HEAVENS and pout and throw a little tantrum, and then I finally go outside, scrape off my car and usually end up getting stuck behind some a-hole who thinks he has to go 10 MPH because there's an inch of snow on the ground. The snow/ice can add anywhere from 5-45 minutes to my getting-to-work-on-time-timetable. Which means that on snow days, I'm 5-45 minutes late to work.

How did you fill your time during the Writer's Strike?
I read a lot more. And I blogged a lot more (I think?) and worked out more (lies). I also think I broke TiVo's hold on me. Considering almost all of my favorite shows were reruns, I didn't have much to watch. I couldn't bring myself to watch A Daily Show, but I did manage to watch the entire second season of Arrested Development. However, now that Lost (This! Show! Makes! My head! Explode! Every! Week!) is back on and The Daily Show is back and also The Office starts again in April, soon TiVo and I will continue our tumultuous love affair.

What do you do with daily junk mail? Does it go straight to the trash? Do you look at grocery store sales? Do you open up the coupon books and keep everything that isn't air conditioning?
Usually, I flip through the mail and if I see that it's junk mail, I leave it stacked in a pile until Heidi looks through it, pulls out the coupons and throws it away. Occasionally, we'll get something awesome like the Jesus Rug and it will go on our refrigerator.

Have you ever seen a movie in the theaters an excessive amount of times?
I don't know, what's an excessive amount? I did see Bridget Jones's Diary in the theater . . . a lot, but it was over the course of a couple of months so it didn't really feel excessive. I also saw Juno twice in the same week, which feels a little excessive, but not really because I heart that movie so hard.

Have you ever gone to a midnight showing at a movie theater?
You know, I don't think I have.

How do you motivate yourself?
Ha! I don't, really. I have this problem where I start projects and I'm really excited about them at first, and then I lose interest and forget all about them. Which is probably why I've started writing four novels and finished maybe three chapters of each and ALSO why there is a blue acoustic guitar sitting in the corner of my room that I have no idea how to play. And this other time I tried to teach myself sign language and all I remember is how to say my name. I suck.

Why is Jim Halpert better than Andrew Bernard?
I wouldn't say he's necessarily better than Andrew Bernard, it's just that I love him more. Or, it's more like, I want to have Jim Halpert's babies and I have brotherly feelings toward Andy Bernard.

But since you asked . . . Jim Halpert is tall. And dreamy. And has adorable floppy hair. And is hilarious and plays pranks. And he was a dork in high school and I don't really trust boys who WEREN'T dorks in high school. Also, Andy's nipples bleed when he runs and, while I can deal with a lot, I have to draw the line at bloody nipples.

In 10 words or less, please describe your relationship with literature.
I'm literature's bitch (and wouldn't have it any other way).

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? As an adult, what do you want to be when you grow up?

As a child, I wanted to be a ballerina, a writer, or Peter Pan. As an adult, I'd like to be a writer. Or, to be honest, Peter Pan. But still a girl. I don't want any floppy man parts, thank you very much. Really, I'd just like to be able to fly.

If you could have one question in the world answered for you, what would it be?

Step by step, how do I build a time machine?

No comments: