Tuesday 16 December 2008

The country of Shakespeare, Churchill, the Beatles, Sean Connery, Harry Potter, David Beckham's right foot, David Beckham's left foot, come to that.

Abs

We've been having some pretty high-level, business cat meetings here at Collective HQ about something extra-special we're doing for Christmas. However, now is not the time to tell you what that is. Friday is the time because Friday is the best time. Now? Now is the time for me to show you my favorite two parts of Love Actually. Since I have a hard time with favorites, it is very helpful that one of my favorite movies is also a Christmas movie. Two for the price of one! Booyah!

One of the reasons I have a hard time with favorites is because I feel like if I say something is my favorite that means everything else is less-than-good. Obviously that's not true, but it still hurts. One time we ranked Pixar movies in order and it literally caused me pain. I'm a wimp. All that to say, these are my favorite parts (the parts that my friends call me when they come on), but I love all the other parts too. Even the parts with the naked people. Scandal!



(0:00 - 5:30)

"It's a self preservation thing, you see." And then Dido comes in and he zips up his collar.



Not included in the video is later when Emma Thompson says:

Karen: Imagine your husband bought a gold necklace and come Christmas gave it to somebody else...
Harry: Oh, Karen...
Karen: Would you wait around to find out if it's just a necklace, or if it's sex and a necklace, or if worst of all it's a necklace and love? Would you stay, knowing life would always be a little bit worse? Or would you cut and run?
Harry: Oh, God. I am so in the wrong. The classic fool.
Karen: Yes, but you've also made a fool out of me, and you've made the life I lead foolish too.


What is your favorite part of Love Actually?

No comments: