Monday 22 December 2008

Santa's coming! Oh, my God! I know him! I KNOW HIM!

heatherDear Santa,

It is very hard for me to think of what to put on my Christmas list this year, mostly because I have everything I need and more stuff than a reasonable person could want, including about three copies of my favorite books, plus all my favorite TV shows on DVD. Oh yeah, and the most affectionate, supportive, loving family ever.

This has been a pretty good year for me, Santa, because I got to backpack around Europe, and I'm going again this week. Also, I got to write a lot, and I finally turned 30, and I got a new puppy and a new president, and basically it was just like out of a dream.

It wasn't all Swiss chocolate and puppy kisses, though. I mean, I wasn't exactly what you'd call "good" for some of the year. The election brought out a bit of a monster in me. Also, I signed up for a Wackopedia account to edit some of the Gossip Girl book entries because they were poorly written and inaccurate. That was the low point. I stopped myself pretty quickly. I only edited a few verb tenses.

Anyway, Santa, I only have two wishes for Christmas this year: please give my nephew everything he asks for (within reason, no one likes a spoiled little jerk), and please have one of your elves log into my Flickr account and tag all my photos. The task is too daunting now to even consider.

Yours affectionately,

Heather! Anne!

No comments: