Monday 28 February 2011

I'm so un-bloody-hinged just being near you!

heather

This week is favorite terrible movie week here at The Collective, and I kind of feel like I should be able to coast on this one because a) I have exactly zero taste. And b) I am the best list-of-favorites maker in the whole world. Like, I have a list of favorite list-makers and I am first on the list. (Ashley is second.) But the problem is that my favorite terrible movie is: all Mandy Moore and Amanda Bynes movies. But it’s two separate kind of feelings, so I should probably shake them down like this.

My favorite Amanda Bynes movie is What A Girl Wants. I calculate that I have seen it at least 100 times. I can say all the lines by heart. I can sing the soundtrack from memory. I mean, it’s absolutely ridiculous in every possible way. It’s offensively American for movie about Great Britain. Or, well, maybe not offensively American. But it’s very touristy. And I don’t even care. Also, Colin Firth dancing in leather pants and riding a motorcycle and also a camel at some point? Everything is beautiful and nothing hurts! But I’ll sit through every other Amanda Bynes movie too. If one comes on and I’m on my way out the door, I’ll just cancel my plans and stay in with her. I can’t explain it. I really can’t.

The Mandy Moore thing is different because I have a secret crush on her. I always have, since that movie where she loved the stars and then she died. Or even in The Princess Diaries, if that was before the death one. Whichever. But Chasing Liberty is really the one that hooked me. It’s mine and Amy’s go-to DVD. Matthew Goode doesn’t hurt. We both love him in an deeply inappropriate way. Also, every time I start bitching about writing Amy goes, “Why I let you buy that crazy boat? You were good accountant. Now you killing me!”

On a semi-related note, Amy and I spent an hour today watching and rewatching Mandy sing the song from Tangled with Zac Levi at the Oscars. We couldn’t decide who was flirting with whom, and it seemed really, really important.

Disney movies. There’s a whole other thing I love no matter what.

ANYWAY. Other Mandy Moore favorites include: The one with Lorelai and Diane Keaton. And the one with Jim Halpert.

Oh, hey look! Original trailers!





4 comments:

Jennie said...

I will love Mandy Moore forever because of Saved.

mysterygirl! said...

I love Mandy Moore. I love her in Chasing Liberty, I love her in that horrible Nicholas Sparks movie.

I also loved Amanda Bynes back when she was normal-pretty and not bleach blonde and fake-baked.

kat said...

yeah, i gotta admit to being worried about the direction amanda bynes is taking.

Kiti said...

Sydney White and She's the Man are my favorites in this genre!