Thursday 11 August 2011

What's not to like? Custard, GOOD, jam, GOOD, meat, GOOOOD!

JennieI've tried Heather's best ever sandwich and want to try Abigail's best ever sandwich and I would choke someone to try Kat's best ever sandwich RIGHT THE HELL NOW because my favorite sandwiches are sandwiches with chips on them. Not only British chips but potato chips. When I was little, I watched my mom put potato chips on her sandwich and it was like a whole new world had opened in front of me. So now, when the opportunity presents itself, I put potato chips on my sandwich. I put them on turkey sandwiches. I put them on my PB&J. Sandwiches and chips go together like peas and carrots except way better because, gross, Forrest Gump, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. Yeah, I'm referencing Forrest Gump in 2011, WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT? You wanna know why I'm so angry? Because I haven't had a sandwich with chips on it in FOREVER and by forever, I mean like two months.

We ate a lot of delicious food when we were at the beach this past summer, seafood and otherwise, but my favorite meal was at a dive bar where we drank Yuengling out of cans and threw peanut shells on the floor, because they served cheeseburgers with DORITOS on them. I mean, COME ON.

I'm not very fancy. I scraped the foie gras off of my steak one night at dinner when we on our honeymoon, and not just because I was drunk and it was making me gag a little (CLASSY!) but because GROSS. Anyway, it turns out all I need to be happy (food-wise) is a cheeseburger topped with jalapenos, guacamole, and Doritos. And all I need to make the perfect sandwich is a bag of chips. Preferably BBQ.

13 comments:

kat said...

potato chips on sandwiches is SO BEST.

Jennie said...

So crunchy, so delicious.

mysterygirl! said...

I love chips on sandwiches, and that burger (jalapeno! guacamole!) seems like a whole new level of deliciousness. It also is ridiculous that it never before crossed my mind to put chips that aren't plain potato chips on a sandwich.

Jennie said...

I think I also used to put pretzels on my PBJ but that's not as good.

Heather Anne Hogan said...

I kind of always figured you'd be too scarred by Forest Gump to ever reference it!

That cheeseburger sounds AMAZING.

Heather Anne Hogan said...

(Like name-changingly scarred, I mean.)

Jennie said...

When the movie came out, I was in middle school and the teasing was CONSTANT. But now I'm used to it. Not a lot of people throw the "JENN-AY" at me anymore and if they do, they're usually embarrassed about it.

Ashley said...

My mouth is watering. Thanks a lot, yo.

Jennie said...

Mine too, I need a sandwich.

You can call me, 'Sir' said...

If anyone ever defiled my steak with foie gras, I'd likely punch them in their stupid face and demand that they scream apologies to both the dead cow whose flesh they'd just insulted and the dead goose whose liver they used in the desecration.

You can call me, 'Sir' said...

Also, dorito cheeseburgers sound like the greatest things on the planet.

Jennie said...

IT WAS THE GREATEST BURGER EVER. I'm drooling a little.

eclectic said...

I had Tim's Cascade Jalapeno potato chips on my tuna salad sandwich for lunch TWICE this week. Because I wanted to, and because it was yummy. And now, I want another one. I also want to try them on Heather Anne's grilled cheese.