Thursday 24 April 2008

Books and memes: I don't care if it's polygamy, I want to marry them.

Hi kids, it's me. Tuesday night what's left of my tiny little heart was shattered into about a billion pieces, so Jennie was kind enough to take my place here yesterday while I recovered. I'm not 100%, but I am better. And still completely smitten with Brooks Laich.

Here we go:

1) What book are you reading right now?
Choke, by Chuck Palahniuk. See, I finally read Jane Eyre and that book made me SO ANGRY that the only book that could possibly follow it was something sick and twisted by Palahniuk. So Palahniuk it is.

2) What is the fourth sentence on page 133 of that book?
"Cold spots, bad smells, eerie feelings--most people don't need an exorcist."

3) What is one book that changed your life?
Deliverance by James Dickey. Wow. I am so surprised I just typed that.

4) What is one book that you read again and again?
Actually, I read all of my books again and again; I'm not terribly smart, you see, so I need a re-read or two to figure out what the hell is going on.

5) What three books would you want on a desert island?
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, and The Complete Calvin & Hobbes. I heart that strip so hard.

6) What is the funniest book you've ever read?
Oh my gosh, have I even read a funny book? Uh, I'm gonna say Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss.

7) What book made you cry the most?
Ho-ly shit, that last Harry Potter book. That scene when Harry's about to walk into the Forest, I mean, WTF mate? Could I have possibly cried any harder? I do not think so.

8) What book do you wish had been written?
The Love of the Last Tycoon. Every time I read what there is of it I get SO PISSED OFF that Fitzgerald died before he could finish.

9) What would be the title of your autobiography?
Much Ado About Nothing.

10) What book do you keep meaning to read?
All the ones I haven't yet read, of which there are many.

11) What five books should everyone be required to read?
Silent Spring by Rachel Carson, A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn, Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, uh... and some other books. I dunno.

12) What book was the biggest waste of your time?
Atonement. See below.

13) What was your favorite book as a child?
The Lorax. It's pretty much the reason I do what I do for a living.

14) What book have you read the most?
Given that I've read The Great Gatsby at least once a year for the last fifteen years, I'm a-gonna go with that one.

15) Is there any book's ending that you would like to rewrite? What would you change about the original ending?
Ooooooh yeah, the last section of Atonement pretty much ruined the entire book for me. For serious, I got so angry I threw the damn thing against the wall, which, apparently, is what one does to books that make you angry.

No comments: