Tuesday 7 April 2009

hobbies... inspired by hobbies!

AbsI'm never, ever bored. I can't really remember a time in last five years that I was bored because, well, I have a lot of hobbies. I am entertained easily, I own practically everything I want (and the things I don't own I obsess about via research), and I am constantly surrounding myself with people who say very funny things. I have two TV shows to keep up with for each day of the week, I have 152 subscriptions in my Google Reader that I read 80 percent of, I usually work at minimum of 50 hours a week at my day job that I love, I have a fitness routine, a video game routine, and a library card. I spend plenty of time practicing my mirror face. I'm happy nearly all of the time.

But the thing I love most of all--and smugly think I'm pretty good at--is giving advice. Oh do I love giving advice. I love hearing people lay out their problems, and then I love them saying "what do I do??" and asking me (me!) to tell them what to do. I love thinking it over and then assuredly explaining the steps to the right answer. I love knowing I'm right.

(In contrast, I hate annoying people, I hate when I know I shouldn't be the one making the decision so I sadly take the high road, I hate it when my advice isn't taken when it's certainly right, and I hate people assuming I'm judging them.)

So, I think I want to try something. It feels a little risky, but how about we play advice column today. I was planning on slacking off at work anyway, so you ask away and I will tell you what to do. We'll call it Dear Schilbo.

*titled inspired by kittens!

No comments: