This week’s Collective topic is favorite pizza toppings, but I’m too boring to write about that thing specifically. Like, one thing I hate is sweet-tasting things on my pizza. Pineapple, for example. And another thing I hate is onions, and if you put them in the same kitchen as my pizza, I will have a fit. But pizza is one of my all-time favoritest foods, and so here are the five best pizzas I’ve ever eaten:
1) Gino’s East Pizzeria pizza with The Collective in Chicago. We had some delicious local beer there, too, and I think it was Kat who first said out loud to Jennie, “So this Joe guy -- do you love him?” And Jennie didn’t even blush. She smiled like Christmas and said, “Yeah. Yeah, I do.”
2) Pizza place whose name I can't remember with some random school kids in Verona. (Plus: gelato which is not pictured, but was still tasty, tasty.)
3) Gusher Pizza and Sandwich Shoppe with my family in West Yellowstone, MT. I know this sounds totally insane because it was the middle of winter and there were only like three restaurants open in the whole town, but heavens to Mergatroid, the pizza at this place was a deep-dish dream come true. We had some of the best wings ever there also.
4) Grilled pizza with Amy’s family in Chestnut Mountain, GA. Amy’s dad and brothers are, like, Master Grillers. They make the most delicious grilled pizza you have ever tasted in your whole life.
5) Angelo’a Pizza with just me in Manhattan. I could have eaten a whole pie by myself ‘cause of Mmm.
I don't want to brag, but I can kind of make a killer homemade pizza. If I love you. And you don't mind hearing me swear like mad while I burn my hands.