Tuesday 22 May 2012

I could take away the salt from your eyes

 Abs My hair goes swoosh swoosh swoosh when I run. From shoulder blade to shoulder blade it swings back and forth, forth and back. I cover pavement, dirt, clay, grass. Last night, I accidentally stepped into a six-inch deep dark murky puddle. Swoosh swoosh swoosh.

It's brown hair. I don't know what other color to call it. It's not dark brown, so I guess it's light brown. It doesn't have highlights, so I guess it's plain. It's only been dyed once. That time it was dark brown. Or dark red brown. Or dark red black. It was dark. And it was hard to maintain.

I want it out of my way, out of my sight. I want it back in a long pony where it catches the sweat and protects my neck from the sun. I don't care what color it is, though I assume all this running will turn it light brown. Or light, light brown. Not the color of pavement or dirt or grass, but maybe the color of clay. Swoosh swoosh swoosh.

7 comments:

kat said...

your hair is also really, really shiny and awesome.

scott said...

I love this post.

Hello, Abigail (and Collective).

Jennie said...

This made me think of Bridget from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

Ashley said...

This post was very zen. I feel calm after reading it.

Abigail said...

Thanks, guys. Jennie: I didn't even think of that but I love reading Bridget when she's being like this.. which is part of why I think I love being like this. It still doesn't feel me but I certainly love feeling like I'm playing the role of Bridget.

Jennie said...

Yes! That's what I was trying to say but you said it way better. Hee.

eclectic said...

Ponytails are THE best way to wear hair that ever was invented. Hair that is not in a ponytail is hair that is in the way.

Also, I love this.