Thursday 10 May 2012

So I walked across that Grain Belt Bridge into a bright new Minneapolis.

This year is not like the others. There are no cold beers to drink or pools by which to lounge, no trips to the beach to await eagerly. The season is changing or so I'm told, but really all I feel is... nothing much, actually. A certain numbness has pervaded my waking hours and in between bouts of panic over this pain or that, all I've been able to muster is a vague sort of regret for the winter we didn't have.

I'm pretty limited in what I can do these days both on order and in ability. Best I can do is putter around my "garden" and live vicariously through Hold Steady albums, go to bed early and often. It's not a life I'd recommend. BUT! At least it's possibly only temporary, right?

future zucchini
Future zucchini.

future tomatoes
Future tomatoes.

basils
TWO KINDS of basil.

lettuces
Lettuces that I'm not allowed to eat.

herbs
Parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, etc.

And lest you think life is all misery and woe...

warmups

I still have my playoffs tickets. (So sometimes life is EXTRA miserable and woeful.)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I will gladly eat your lettuces for you, and have.

kat said...

okay, that's really creepy.

scott said...

I love the idea of growing things, and these are lovely.

Hello, Kat.

Jennie said...

Your garden is totally awesome. Do you want to come to my house and do something with our mess of a garden? I don't even know what's growing in it.

Ashley said...

Your garden is beautiful. I would say someting about eating, but I think creepster up there ^ is pretty hard to follow.

Ashley said...

And by "creepster" I don't mean Jennie or Scott, obviously.

Abigail said...

I love your garden!! I am going to maybe do something with mine this weekend. But I feel like a baby about it (overwhelmed).

Heather Anne Hogan said...

Your garden is the best. Of course it is. Who in the world offered to "eat your letttuces"? Identify yourself, creeper!

me said...

LOl..That was funny (the lettuces).

but your garden is the prettiest garden.! I had to comment on how pretty ! Hello Collective!

Sarah G (M)