Tuesday 2 September 2008

Goodbye, summer.

heather So the page has turned on another season. Of course, thanks to global warming there's really no such thing as a proper seasonal weather change anymore, and another generation of polar bears will be without homes at the end of "autumn", but whatever let's talk about movies. (This election has my angst level sitting on a constant 10, you guys. I'm really sorry.)

I saw a lot of movies this summer, and rather than drone on and on about them (as is my wont), here are my reviews in 10 words or less.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
: C.S. Lewis's misogyny replaced with bad-ass Susan Pevensie. Awesome!

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: The world hated it, but I kinda liked it.

Sex and the City: The Movie: So glad Aidan Shaw didn't show up! Hate that guy.

Kung Fu Panda: Best Dreamworks animation to yet, brilliant kung fu sequences.

Get Smart: Kind of made me fall in love with Anne Hathaway.

Wall-E: Best movie of my whole life. Will own DVD!

Wanted: Amy loves to see Angelina Jolie shoot guns. Me: meh.

The Dark Knight: Still having nightmares about the Joker.

Mamma Mia:
The hottest hot mess ever. Colin Firth, *smooooch*

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2: Shut it, you. I love these books and this movie.

Space Chimps: Shockingly funny.

It's fall television time now, and it's election season too. Maybe I'll just put on my headphones and drown myself in Gossip Girl. Hurry up, Office! Hurry up, 30 Rock!

No comments: