Thursday 11 September 2008

oh, the places you'll go

Jennie That's it. I give up. I tried to find a book other than Harry Potter that I'd want to live in, but I JUST. CAN'T. DO IT. Even during the darkest Voldemort years, no other book could compare to the joys of being inside Harry Potter (heh). Believe me. I tried to come up with something.

My first thought was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but I don't suppose it'd be much fun to live in that book unless you were Charlie or Charlie's family or, of course, Willy Wonka. The Oompa Loompas are basically slaves YEAH I KNOW they get paid in cocoa beans but cocoa beans are not as good as money. They're better. HAHAHA. Ahem. Anyway, all the other characters in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory seem horrid. I'd rather hang out with Peter Pettigrew's dead, moldy finger than Violet Beauregard.

My next thought was, of course, Pride & Prejudice. Mainly because of The Darcy, but also because I've always thought it'd be sort of fun to fanny about with the press releases in fancy dresses saying things like, "Thither goes Wickham!" and "Quite the contrary, I assure you." But then I decided that if I had to wear a fancy dress all day long and not say inappropriate things and NOT break up Lizzie and Darcy, I'd probably throw myself under a carriage the first chance I got.

And then, you know,
I thought, "what ho!"
To a Seuss book I will go!

The Lorax? Well, sure.
But I'm not too mature.
For environment woes, Kat is the cure.

The Cat in the Hat is more my style,
But should we hang out, even just for a while,
I'm sure, pretty sure, we'd end up in exile.

If, by some chance, we end up on the lam,
I wouldn't mind trying some Green Eggs and Ham,
I'm quite sure I'd like it, quite sure, Sam I am.

Perhaps Horton is lonely with only the Whos.
Perhaps for a while, he might tell them adieu.
I'm sure he would like if I taught him kung-fu.

But if I should go,
I'm not so gung-ho,
about all this speaking in rhyme, you know?

Seriously, how annoying would that be?
I think I'll just stick with Harry Potter,
if that's all right by you.

No comments: