Tuesday 9 September 2008

How little are they? I mean, are they like scary little?

Abs
Like all decisions wherein I have to make a Serious Commitment, I am divided on this issue. If I got to live inside of a book FOREVER, how would I ever choose? Here's three tempting tales.

1. Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder

This was always my favorite book of the Little House series because there wasn't as much terror and hard life on the prairie and there was always a lot of food and neat, friendly animals. Things would be a little different--they don't have internet there and they actually do walk to school in the snow uphill both ways--but if I got an obliviate charm I would like it. Except the parts where we'd eat our pets.

2. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Time travel is kind of my pet sci-fi interest. I read articles about how it's possible and I love bad movies about it. This book was heart-breaking, but just in the way that humanity already is. I like my heartbreak with a side of forever love and time travel, thank you.

3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling

Obvs.

No comments: