Monday 8 June 2009

No one's gonna love you more than I do.

heather There are two types of people in the world: 1)People who watch TV/read books, and then go about their merry lives. 2) The kind of people who watch TV/read books, and then become a part of the fandom.

The word fandom comes from the Latin root words "fan" and "domain," and these are people who not only watch TV/read books, but read recaps, debate plot points on message boards, watch fanvids, rewrite unhappy endings, add fan sites to their Google Readers, etc. There are varying degrees of fans within each fandom, but I am all in in all of mine. I am so in, in fact, that I have to get permission from Abigail to start in on fanvids on YouTube, lest I waste an entire day watching Agent Sarah Walker and Chuck Bartowski fall in love again and again over soundtracks ranging in awesomeness from Band of Horses to Styx.

Within each fandom there are "shippers." These are people who want certain couples to get together. The couple they yearn for is called their OTP, or One True Pairing.

There are lots of Collective readers who are in fandoms, but I won't out them because some people are scared of the judgment. To help you understand, I've put together some pictures of my OTPs.

1) Pam + Jim


2) Booth + Brennan


3) Bette + Tina


4) Ron + Hermione


5) Chuck + Sarah (Alternate pairings: Chuck + Abigail, Me + Sarah)


Just looking at those pictures you can see these people belong together. However, my truest OTP isn't romantic; it's spiritual. The best OTP in the history of time is chocolate + peanut butter.



Now, this week my friends here at the Collective are going to try to convince you otherwise, but the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup is the most important candy of our time. Whatever other candy they wave in your face, I want you to ignore it and remember how chocolate and peanut butter go together like magic, like two people in love.

No comments: