Wednesday 13 August 2008

This one time, at band camp....

Like Heather Anne, I am not easily embarrassed. And also like Heather Anne, I really should be. Because I'm loud and crass and I absolutely hate it when anyone tries to tell me my business. Seriously, don't tell me my business.

FOR INSTANCE.

Last weekend my boyfriend and I were checking out a condo in a converted mansion in Shaw, and while I was in the back bedroom I heard the real estate agent whisper, "What is your wife's name again?" And in a panicked murmur I heard my terrified boyfriend reply, "Shhhh! We're not married, and if my girlfriend hears that you called her my wife she'll break up with me." Ultimately he was wrong, but his instincts were right, and any normal human being would probably be mortified to be talked of thusly.

NOT ME.

Oy, do I get myself in these situations absurdly frequently. At a barbecue recently I was asked if I ever thought I'd get married and I went on and on and on and oooonnnn about how I am far too intelligent for THAT particular brand of complete idiocy, all the while standing next to the fiancee of my newly engaged friend. She looked at me like I had three heads and when I STILL wouldn't shut up she just shook her head and walked away. Oops.

Also there was that time I sang karaoke on my birthday a few weeks back and I forgot how to read. But I was drunk so whatever. Alsoalso, Abigail said this: I just found a blog called Testes123. Me thinks you have something to do with it. She was right.

No comments: