Wednesday 16 June 2010

This Bloody Mary's lacking in Tabasco.

It's rare movie indeed that can lure me to spend $15 for the pleasure of spending two hours with the mouth-breathing masses and nary an alcoholic beverage in sight. In fact, in recent years these are the only movies I've seen in the theater: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, Star Trek, and The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Now, this is not to say that I do not like movies; quite the contrary, in fact (I subscribe to both HBO and Starz, after all). It's just that the speed at which movies are now shown on HBO and Starz means that with a little patience, I can watch what is likely to be a really terrible movie (I'm looking at you Confessions of a Shopaholic, He's Just Not That Into You, and The Hangover (but not The Proposal; that movie was super-cute)) in the comfort of my own living room, a living room which is free from the two things I hate most about the movie theater: children and pants.

The end.

P.S., Let us now enjoy this picture of my cat in a box.

8 comments:

mysterygirl! said...

Winston pics are always a good idea.

Abigail said...

Well said. And true facts about The Proposal and He's Just Not That Into You.

Jennie said...

I liked The Proposal much more than I thought I would.

Also, now I want to watch The Fantastic Mr. Fox again.

Ashley said...

You didn't like The Hangover? I think that movie gets better every time I watch it.

Question: why do cats like boxes so much?

linster said...

Winston is looking especially handsome and healthy in that picture.

scott said...

I'm still a sucker for movie theatres. I love the experience, for some reason. Also I love "The Fantastic Mr. Fox." Great movie.

Hello, Collective.

eclectic said...

I don't want to skeeve anyone out or anything... BUT: I have a personal friend whose daughter did in fact recently catch headlice from the seat in a movie theater. TRUTH. Makes movies at home all the more compelling, as if no pants weren't enough.

eclectic said...

P.S. I love Winston so much. Why is he so unreasonably handsome?