Wednesday 18 June 2008

Hotline, wanted ad, crazy what you could have had.

I'm not very smart, so it is with great frequency (namely, always) that I forget my Google Reader shared items can be seen by pretty much anyone I've ever emailed. And so it is with great frequency (namely, always) that I end up sharing something incredibly embarrassing and contrary to this whole "brooding and mysterious writer" persona thing I've been (not) so carefully cultivating since 'aught four. You know, stuff like pictures of a shirtless Justin Timberlake. Videos of adorable and precocious four-year-olds being adorable and precocious. The pink sparkly shoes that I really really really want.

So in preparing for today's post I weeded the list down to five websites I've shared in Google Reader which also say "Hello Internets! I'm a brooding and mysterious writer type person! These are the kinds of things I like!"

1. I guess the most badass people by Kevin Fanning.

This is pretty much my favorite thing ever written. It's the kind of thing that makes me stop trying to write whenever I read it, because I know I could never ever in a million billion years write anything that would mean as much to me as this does.

2. Story #1835 from the always entertaining One Sentence.

Despite the fact that it says Cupcake wrote this, I did not, in fact, write this. Though I wish I had thought of it first. (As a matter of fact I've come to realize that I'm not so much a bridge burner as I am a bridge burning instigator.)

3. Sad Kermit singing Elliot Smith's "Needle in the Hay," via kottke.org.



Two things you probably already know about me are (a) I LOVE Kermit the Frog, and (b) I LOVE Wes Anderson. One thing you probably don't know about me is that I LOVE this song. This video is everything that is right with the Internets.

4. Apologies are like monsters from Blank is Like Blank.

This is the truest thing on the Internets.

5. The Girl Effect.

Studies show that when women are educated, healthy, and allowed to marry when and if they choose the standard of living in the entire community rises. This is the amazing organization spreading the word.

So there you have it. My appropriately abridged Google Reader shares. And now, I return to my brooding.

xoxo,
K!

No comments: