Thursday 12 June 2008

say I'm the only bee in your bonnet

JennieI got an email from Kat a couple days ago telling me that my fictional character for the week was the Dread Pirate Roberts. And when I got this email, I was so excited I peed a little.

Confession: I did not pee a little. I did not pee at all.

When I read "dread pirate roberts," squealed and clapped my hands.

Confession: I did not squeal. I did not clap my hands. Because when I squeal and clap my hands in my office, people wonder what I'm doing. And then they come ask and then I have to talk to people and I try to avoid that if at all possible.

I was excited, though, and NOT just because I'm more than a little bit in love with the Dread Pirate Roberts. Although, seriously? He should totally ditch Buttercup and hang out with me instead. She's so useless. If there's one thing that pisses me off about that movie, it's her. She's so whiny and STUPID. She doesn't realize the Dread Pirate Roberts is Westley until AFTER she pushes him down a giant hill? His mask wasn't even that big! Also, she's all, "wah wah, we couldn't POSSIBLY live in the fire swamp, we'll surely die," like . . . your boyfriend just came back from the dead (so you thought, and JUST WAIT, soon he'll be mostly dead), HAVE A LITTLE FAITH.

Ahem. Anyway. No, the main reason I was excited was because I secretly think that I would make an excellent Dread Pirate Roberts. Dread Pirate Roberta. Whatever. Sure, I need to work on my swordplay and build up a resistance to iocane powder, but we can work all that out on the boat.

Here!

1. A Well Respected Man - The Kinks



2. Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi



3. Karma Police - Radiohead



4. Falling Slowly - Once



5. I Will Survive - Cake



6. Somebody to Love - Queen



7. Handlebars - Flobots

No embedding? Boooooooo!

8. Crazy - The Kooks



9. Istanbul (not Constantinople) - They Might Be Giants



10. Yo Ho Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me (I mean, DUH)



(OH MY GOD, REMEMBER DISNEY SING-A-LONGS?!?)

No comments: