Monday 11 May 2009

Trash talk is hypothetical, like: Your mom is so fat she can eat the internet. But smack talk is happening like right now.

heather This week's Collective topic -- If I were back in high school -- is tricky business for me, because as I have mentioned before, there is not enough treasure in the world to entice me to return to my teenage years. I was a miserable high schooler. (That's probably the reason I love my birthday so much: I keep getting farther and farther away from the doom of being a teenager.)

The only thing I had going for me in middle school/high school/first few years of college is that I was a pretty decent athlete. My entire world was built on that foundation. I've opened up my high school journal to you before, and I'm going to do it again.

October 20, 1995

Here's what I don't get... why do people who don't give a fuck about winning even come out for the team? Today we conditioned and nearly everyone was bitching about how hot it was and how many sprints we had to do and just what the fuck ever. They got tired so they walked during our 3 mile run. If you can't run 3 miles, join the cross country team and train. God there's no excuse. They couldn't finish the sprints so they cheated and didn't touch the lines. I know they weren't touching them because no one can beat me at sprints and if someone does beat me it's because they are cheating. Coach can't be in the gym yet so our manager was timing the sprints and everyone was saying "wah wah wah we need to stop. Don't make us run anymore." I said bullshit run it again. And run it again. Maybe they don't remember losing in the second round of sub-region last year. Oh right because they were too busy worrying about what their boyfriends were doing in the stands with whatever girl. I'm like pay attention to the damn game. If you can't do that and if you can't suck it up and condition just why even bother coming out for the team. They would know I was right if I said that but they wouldn't admit it. They would be mad. But right now I'm mad.


See? I sucked in high school. I would never, ever, ever go back.

No comments: