Tuesday 11 August 2009

Born on a mountain top in Tennessee, Greenest state in the land of the free

Abs Greeting, ladies and jellyfish! (Jennie!, that was for you.)

I have a handful of phrases that I utter here and there. Phrases that may seem throw away, but crystallize the situation perfectly for me.

"My life is a joke" is one of these.

And it often is. I am a disarray of good intentions and sometimes the world is just not enough.

Now, for example. I am here:



As you can see, no cell reception and very spotty internet. Oh, and I'm with my family. Are you laughing? I am. Cause my life is a joke. (P.S. That's my brand new car. Say hello and offer name suggestions please.)

But I suppose I could tell you a real joke. I'm not good at favorites (just ask Heather! Anne!), but this is my friend Andrew's FAVORITE joke. I've heard him tell it at least twelve times a year for the last seven. It still makes me laugh. Are you ready?

Did you know that Davy Crockett had three ears?

...

His left ear, his right ear, and the wild front-ear.

No comments: