Tuesday 25 August 2009

you just got slapped

AbsFirst of all, a confession, even though that was last week: while I love TV on DVD, I hate the phrase TV on DVD. It sounds so manufactured like the Disney Vault or something. It sounds brand name when it should sound generic. So, a little assignment for you all: can we come up with something better?

Secondly, I feel like I've told you all about my favorite TVs a million times. As a refresher:

All Time Favorites:
Friends
Gilmore Girls
The OC


Current Favorites:
30 Rock
The Office
The Hills
How I Met Your Mother


If I had to choose, I'd choose TV over movies because a) you get more story, and b) for some reason I can pass a whole weekend in front of the TV watching Lorelai and Rory, but I can't sit through a three-hour movie. For example, in the month of August alone I have (re)watched Gilmore Girls Seasons 3 and 4 and Dawson's Creek Season 2. I have also watched any episodes of the above shows that my TiVo grabbed for me. Because it doesn't matter if I have it on DVD. I'm more likely to watch it if I can beep boop through the commercials. I'm also more likely to watch it if a YouTube angel has created a clip with all the parts of particular plot lines. I love those people. So without further ado, some plot lines.

Friends: The One With All The Cheesecake


Gilmore Girls: Rory moves into Yale


The OC: opening scene from Rainy Day Women


30 Rock: working on my night cheese

and excuse me, imperial guard


The Office: I went to Cornell


The Hills:
okay, so I couldn't find a video that would justify my love because a) MTV must yank everything down, and b) there are a lot of Lauren/Heidi fan vids out there to sift through.

How I Met Your Mother: Slapsgiving

No comments: