Thursday 25 March 2010

It's like a dry heave set to music

Jennie I had a surprisingly difficult time coming up with this list, especially considering the number of times I say, "my heart is melting!" on any given day. Usually puppies or other baby animals are involved.

1. Cats helping

Phoebe likes to help you write stuff. And by help, I mean she bats the pen around until you take it away from her IT'S SO CUTE.

helpful

Also, when Phoebe lies upside down:

Aww

2. When dogs do this:



They're all like, "WHAT YOU SAY?"

See also: The Daily Puppy

3. Musical montages

On TV. In movies. Doesn't matter. Sometimes when I'm listening to my iPod, I pretend I'm in my own musical montage. SHUT UP.



4. TV show weddings

There's nothing I love more than when two of my favorite characters get married. Even though it usually (OK, always) makes me cry like a tiny baby girl.


5. TV show theme songs from my childhood

Go look at this list. Seriously, look at it. It's called 35 TV Openers That Make Us Feel Like Kids Again. I know you're skeptical. I was skeptical, too. But as soon as THIS:



started playing, BOOM I was right back in the basement of my parents house on a Saturday morning, lying on my stomach on the floor, too close to the TV so my neck was bent all the way back so I could see. It's like free time travel, that is.

6. People dancing badly

I think it's because I suck at dancing. These are my people.



7. Little kids who like to read

There's a little girl in my group at volunteering and she is always bringing books in with her. She LOVES to read. I love it when little kids want to read instead of watch TV or hit each other with sticks or something. I also love it when they want to read you the book. Especially if they're not really reading the words, but telling you what's happening based on the pictures. SO CUTE. My heart melts and then the rest of me melts into a big puddle on the floor and it's messy because no one can clean it up because of the rules at volunteering is "if it's wet and not yours, don't touch it." True story. They LOVE that rule. Because it's hilarious. They also have been talking a lot about poop and tooting so it's good to know I'm having an influence on them.

5 comments:

eclectic said...

Darkwing Duck!!

Also, I dance SO badly, but I really love dancing... ugh. Also also, please come visit so Carter can read to you. He's reading Harry Potter, only because he's 7, some of the sentences are pretty hilarious when he reads them.

You can call me, 'Sir' said...

The shows Dinosaurs and Small Wonder always creeped me out, but not enough for me to stop watching them. It was like rubber-necking while driving past a car accident; you feel strange, but you can't stop looking.

Inspector Gadget was the amazing, but not as good as the lethal combination of Pinky and the Brain and Animaniacs. I guess those two were a little too 'new' for that list.

Jennie said...

Shari, I am so there. Bad dancing and reading, whoohoo!

Sir, I wondered about that, too. It might be too new but wasn't it on the same time as Tiny Toons? I can't remember.

kat said...

tiny toons was definitely older, by several years. (tiny toons was my favorite.)

Jennie said...

Me too. I used to imitate Babs on the playground at recess.